Our eco-hotel is situated in a unique environment of rare beauty which has been protected for many years by the National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago.
The love and respect that connects us to this wonderful island has led us to create a structure with a family atmosphere and a low environmental impact.
In this direction, in 2003, we decided to become part of “Legambiente Turismo” which is a national project for the environmentally friendly development and promotion of local resources and created the largest Italian environmental organization (Legambiente).
The Eco-Hotel Montemerlo has been using only energy from renewable sources since 2012, which is partly produced by our own photovoltaic system, whereby we receive the prestigious award of the European Ecolabels EU (IT/051/018) which provides the products and services of the European Communities certifies a low environmental impact.
In recent years, we have been awarded the following prestigious Eco-label awards, also thanks to the collaboration with the commitment of the guests and staff:
- 1st National Award EU Ecolabel (ISPRA – Ministry of Environment, Land and Sea / Rimini)
- Oscar for ecotourism – Award for Communication (Legambiente / Milan)
- Award “I migliori 7 hotels ecologici d’Italia” (Legambiente / Roma)
- Award “Hotel più ecologico della Toscana” (“label” region of Tuscany and Legambiente / Florence)
- Honored for his efforts to ensure the proper disposal of waste (Legambiente / Florence)
- Award “La casa della Rondine” (National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago)
- Award for innovation in the energy sector,” AMICO DEL CLIMA “(Legambiente / Bologna)
- Oscar for ecotourism – Eco-Hotels Elba Island (Legambiente / Milan)
- Greenleader-Tripadvisor since 2014
You want to know our Ecodecalogo?